From: Richard Kinsley <rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Chatroom <318poly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 11:26 PM
Subject: Fuel pump report

Thanks to Nico for the pump. Our members come through for us!

I think the real issue I had at the track was a loose connection. Too bad my dingbat mechanic, aka Rich, didn't have enough sense to figure it out :-(  I had bought a new pump and installed it but it quit after a couple minutes too. I thought maybe something was plugged in the tank? I did have voltage at the pump BUT when I took the connection apart a second time the connector fell off !

I remounted my new pump in a better location in relation to the tank and re-did the lines to the pump and pre-filter. I also removed the pick-up and checked it and the tank. All was perfect there. It is working well now.  This is even noisier than the previous though.

I do not like the close proximity to the muffler though. The pump sits about 3" from it and the pre-filter is about the same and somewhat over the muffler.  I intend to make some heat shields to help solve this and prevent any gas from leaking onto the muffler.

Got a Parade to do this Sat in the Benson area of Omaha which is 125 years old this year. The car is running cool even during our extreme record heatwave up in the mid 100's. I can't believe how cool it runs even just idling.  I think a big part of this may be the ceramic piston coating I just had done. It is supposed to help prevent the heat from escaping and use it more efficiently. I gotta say it's a worthwhile expense if it works this well !  Of course I also believe the fact that the cam, heads and carbs are better matched now has to be a huge improvement. I like it and the 7500 rpm passes are very cool too :-)

Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara LeRoar 4dr 324 poly w/goodies