Re: Help decoding

To decode the tag, left to right, bottom to top -

SO NUMBER (Shipping Order Number) 0712 0544

The `0712`is the Scheduled Build Date - July 12, 1963 - almost at the
end of the model year.

BDY - 342 - Car Line-Series-Body Style
3 - Plymouth V8
4 - Sport Fury
2 - 2 door hardtop

TRM - 459 - Interior Trim
45 - Vinyl bucket seats
9 - Copper & black

PNT - RR - Exterior paint
R - Roof colour - Coppertone Metallic
R - Bocy colour - Coppertone Metallic

First line of data (letters)
B - Transmission - 7 - 347 - 4-speed manual
F - Radio - 1 - 361 - AM radio
H - Heater - 5 - 385 - Heater defroster
K - Electrical - 3 - 423 - Back up lights

The 12 and 567 are internal Lynch Road codes, as well as the 22
stamped on the right,  They concern the assembly of the car, body
itself, I believe, and does not refer to any options.

To decode the first four digits on the VIN -

1st digit - car line
2 - Plymouth 6
3 - Plymouth V8

2nd digit - series
1 - Low - Savoy
2 - Medium - Belvedere
3 - High - Fury
4 - Premium - Sport Fury
5 - Low Wagon - Suburban
6 - Medium Wagon - Custom Suburban
7 - High Wagon - Sport Suburban

4th digit - assembly plant
1 - Lynch Road (Detroit)
5 - Los Angeles, CA
6 - Newark, DE
7 - St.Louis, MO

The six remaining digits form the sequential production number, which
started at 100001 and went up.  So, if your car is 213213, for
example, it would be the 113,213rd 1963 car off the Lynch Road line.

Bill
Toronto, ON