Chrysler engineering??

So here is  a real head scratcher I discovered today popping off my
quarter panel spears on the 64 Cuda; y'know  the things that come
forward from the taillights. When I looked down into the little trough
the trim lies in, I saw a clear   water path, right thru the clip
holes. The water would just sit in that trough and drip  down through
the holes. Huh??? they couldn't have really meant that, did they put
some methigulum in the holes to seal them before they installed the
trim. I am tempted to weld the holes shut, chop the spear down to
about 3 inches, and fill the trough in with Dura-glass. I think the
Valiants were actually like that.
  Neal Zimmerman, Eugene Oregon