Re: street rod future?

Dodger made some good points there.  In '74 I built a '62 Belvedere 2 door sedan with a '64 413, converted to 4 speed with a '63 mopar pattern T-10 setup out of a junkyard, '64 300 bucket seats out of the same car that supplied the engine, '68 roadrunner back seat which dropped right in, removed 4.56 rear pumpkin and changed to 3.23's, and my pride...a set of chrome steel slotted "mags" with Kelly Supercharger raised white letter tires.  I believe I went with H70X14 in the rear and G's in the front.  I had no thought of calling it a rod although with maybe a panel paint job or something it could have been a street "machine".  Unfortunately the hood and RF fender were another color.  I finished it about 3 days before reporting for basic training, then once at AIT in Georgia I got a weekend pass, flew back home on a Friday night and drove it down there from here.  Restoration meant on a model A or something, it basically had no meaning in those days pertaining to '60's cars.  These days I pretty much lean toward my cars looking stock outside and interior, with upgraded engine/trans/rear and wheels and tires, although you'll never see one of mine with "dubs" or anything close to that look.   I don't much care what anyone else does with their car with one exception, I can't stand the idea of demo derbies and will not ever attend one.  When I see someone else's car I either like what they did or I don't, but it ain't up to me to tell them they "shouldn't have".

Bill & Kathi Parker, South Central Indiana, harboring of bunch of old and newer Mopars