Latest addition to the 1962 to 1965 Mopar Swap Meet

Latest addition to the 1962 to 1965 Mopar Swap Meet

Hi all,

Below is a review of the latest addition  to the 1962 to 1965 Mopar Swap Meet Page.

Reminder: In the past I sent this "heads up" notice about the new ads to Clubhouse members as soon as I put the ads on the Swap Meet Page.

Now I post the listings here first, then upload the ads to the Swap Meet Page a day or two *after* they get listed here.

Thus Clubhouse members get a longer "first shot" at the listings as a membership perk. :)

Use http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/swapmeet2012.html to see the swap meet.

Regards,
Gary H.
====

1963 Plymouth Savoy For Sale. Project. VIN#3131170599. It is a factory 426 MW T85 3-spd manual trans and 3.91 SureGrip. This Savoy is what the MW equipped cars were all about, NO heater, No radio, No seatbelts and no side view mirror, just 425 horsepower in a strong sedan body! It is one of 96 high compression stick cars made and was painted PP1 Ruby Red with the Alabaster black/white interior. It still has the original fender tag, VIN tag and both SO numbers, along with the Chrysler Historical IBM card decode.

ENGINE: a real 426 TMPHC block dated 3-11-63 that is .030 with NOS TRW 13.5 pistons, original 2402330 std/std MW crankshaft, 2404395 connecting rods, mint pair of never cut 286 heads with original rockers, pushrods and 4 bolt valve covers, mint intake dated 12-26-62, pair of August 1962 3447 AFB carbs/linkage, original balancer, original 1/2 inch swinging pick-up, mint original exhaust manifolds, original MW oilpan, and all three original deep groove pulleys. The only missing parts are the air cleaners, camshaft, rings and main/rod bearings.

TRANSMISSION: date coded BW T85 3-spd that has been freshly rebuilt by Wayne Brewer. Correctly dated bellhousing, rebuilt Hurst mechanism with Crossram Connection reoroduction shift rods/swivels and levers. I have a correct Hurst banana handle that needs rechromed. (This all cost over $4,000)

Rear: have a super clean 1963 housing and a 1963 742 case along with a 1963 dated Sure Grip and a set of NOS Mopar 3.91 gears.

It comes with an original 2276844 radiator, new repro choke cables and engine wiring harness,

Interior: have two original 1963 60/40 split benches with seat tracks for cores, the original door panel cores, original radio delete and heater delete plates (heater plate had been rechromed by G-Car), NOS horn cap, completely restored and rechromed cluster bezel that was done by Mike Mancini and G-Car ($1,000+)

Body: it has perfectly rust-free floors, from front to the trunk. They do have holes drilled in them from old bucket seat installation. The inner fender wells had the usual header holes cut into them, but they were expertly repaired. From the lower valance to the firewall, has been metal worked by Joey Cole and the work is second to none. It still needs the rest of the metal repairs completed and a paint job. I bought a pair of perfect California fenders to save on the metal work the originals needed (not rust, but have been cut). Includes a NOS left sedan door skin to repair the damaged driver’s door. The passenger door is nice. It still needs the outer wheelwells and qtrs repaired since they were cut for clearance back in the 1960's. I have a pair of California rust-free wheel houses and lower qtr assemblies from a 4 door, that come with the Savoy.

I have a very nice grille assembly for the car and plenty of extra parts to go along with the car.

The Body is presently in Michigan at Joey’s shop and he can complete the repairs needed.

I have close to $40k in the car, from the purchase price of the body (which was missing nearly ever single MW specific part), to the trans, engine and labor for work done to date.

$30k or interesting trades. hemiheadt1 at optonline.net (September 22, 2012)