Re: Best Mopar muscle cars ever...according to you...

Re: Best Mopar muscle cars ever...according to you...

This is just some useless information but interesting:

1917 Cheverolet V8 OHV engine:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1917-chevrolet-series-d-v-8.htm

Chrysler put the Hemi on the market with the 331 before Chevy  brought
out their OHV V8.

Chrysler applied their military experience with the hemispherical
combustion chamber to their first overhead-valve V8 engine, released
under the name FirePower, not "Hemi", in 1950 for the 1951 model year.
The first version of the FirePower engine had a displacement of 331 cu
in (5.4 L) and produced 180 bhp (134.2 kW).

Chrysler worked on the Hemi years before:

WWII

Chrysler developed their first experimental hemi engine for the
Republic P-47 Thunderbolt fighter aircraft. The XIV-2220 engine was an
inverted V16 rated at 2,500 hp (1,860 kW). The P-47 was already in
production with a Pratt & Whitney radial engine when the XIV-2220 flew
successfully in trials in 1945 as a possible upgrade, but the war was
winding down and it did not go into production. However, the exercise
gave Chrysler engineers valuable research and development experience
with two-valve hemi combustion chamber dynamics and parameters

Dennis C.