Re: Welcome New Member - 1965 Dodge Coronet 440

"Looks good"

Jay Rod.

From: Timothy Arnold <timna74@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Gary H. <62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, November 25, 2012 10:15:31 PM
Subject: Re: Welcome New Member - 1965 Dodge Coronet 440

Thanks guys on the welcome!  Sadly I don't live in FL, I am in Rancho Cucamonga California.  I had a great talk with Gary P last night, he has a wealth of knowledge on the poly.  It was awesome to pick his mind a bit & he told me to come on over here.  Hopefully I can muster up the funds before too long & bring him my engine to work his magic on.   I only have 1 picture of the car so far & it's a horrible picture haha.. I will get some this week.

I bought the car with hopes of working on it with my wife & kids.  Well the kids love to work on it but my wife hates the car...  She hates the fact that it is going to cost $$$ & the that it's not a ford mustang...  Yeah, I am not a ford guy..

When I bought the car there were no brakes & leaks coming from everywhere!  Well there are brakes now but still leaks!   The interior is half done, seats, dash, visors, I need to get door panels, carpet & headliner.  There was only 2 rust spots on the underside of the fenders but it does have minor surface rust.  I am still debating on keeping it white paint or go with something else.  I would love to do total restore but planning on engine/trans rebuild, disc brakes, rebuild front end, paint & interior.  It will probably take me many years to achieve that but that is the fun part right?!

(picture of car)
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/tnaz71/2012-10-30123228.jpg

(Sorry I am a noob at posting on here, I promise I will learn).