From: Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 11:36 PM
Subject: Plans for LeRoar

I have been in limbo for awhile with the holiday season taking precedence over 'ol LeRoar.  Heck it's too nasty to go out now antway.

I did get the new trans tailshaft all stripped and painted previously.  I have also worked on the new manifold a little to seal the injector bungs as a temporary measure so I can use my 750 Eddy on it while I gather the items for the injection, aka "money".  I found some small freeze plugs that are close to fitting but a tad small so I put some RTV around the edges and pressed them in. They do feel secure and it's a vacuum area not a pressure situation, excluding a backfire :-) I am going to gasket match the manifold, block the heat crossover and paint the bottom of the intake also.

I intend to run the trick heads and 284deg cam with this single 4bl so that I can see the difference between it and the 2X4's.  That should be interesting.  Then I will begin with the rebuild which will take awhile and include a rear gear change, torque converter change, cam swap, head swap, header swap and new plumbing and fuel pump for the injection.  Of course I can't do the pump until I have the injection ready.

I have a few more honey do's to go and I'll be able to get on it.  I have a nice garage to hide in during the cold weather so I can keep busy and make some progress.  Oh yes, I will also be installing Chrysler Sebring conv bucket seats up front for some added comfort and the shoulder belts are built in with the seat. I will re-install the heater also so I can be warm while driving.  I'll have to forego the A/C for now but that's nothing new.  I've been getting along without it for quite awhile anyway.  I also want to replace the big rear tires with the same size as the front and get a spare that matches.  It's nice having one size tire when traveling if you have a flat.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  Now get to work on your cars :-)

Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara LeRoar 4dr 324 poly w/goodies