RE: SV: 360 la engine

I installed a 360 from a '77 Charger in my '64 330 wagon a couple of decades ago after I burned up the car's original 318 poly head engine. It was an easy swap, almost a direct bolt in replacement. The bellhousing, flywheel , front timing cover with water pump, distributor, and one of the motor mounts swapped right on 360 from the old 318. Only one motor mount, the right one I think, did not fit well, I was only able to use 2 of the 3 mounting bolts and one needed a spacer. A hokey way of installing the motor mount but for a street car it worked fine. Since I purchased the engine as junk yard stripped down long block, I installled an Edelbrock Performer cam/intake/carb package. Along with the four speed I installed to replace the original 3-speed, the car ran great and was a kick ass blast to drive. It ran that way for a number of years, the mileage was decent and I used it to drive to work, where the car was well known. If I had used a good rebuilt engine, the car would probably still be in that configuration today, but I eventually burned that engine up as well. I gave the car to my son as a high school project, and he stepped it up to a 383 magnum engine

Ben Morgan

 So what if I have cars in my yard

1966 Dodge Coronet 500
1964 Dodge Polara 2-dr HT
1964 Dodge 330 Station Wagon
1954 Ford F-100 (Grandpa's Truck)
1990 Ford Bronco 5.8L
plus a few other wrecks and lawn ornaments