Re: Primer for small areas

Thanks Roger for the info on the primer. I have heard of 2k aerosol primers but have not seen anything like this before..I will for sure book mark this one! This would be good for those times when I am too lazy to go through the multi step process of mixing my own primer.
Let me start out by saying I am not an expert body and paint guy and this is not my trade but I have taken quite a few community college auto body and paint classes and have successfully repaired and painted more than a dozen cars.
So with that said I wanted to add a few comments to some of the responses to this post.
Primers can be confusing when talking about about 2k (2 part) vs non 2k, epoxy, high build, self etch and the list goes on. What I wanted to point out is that a 2k self etch (I dont even think there is a non 2k self etch) is excellent for bare metal but do not plan to put body fillers (bondo) over this stuff  as my understanding is they will react with each other. You will want to use another type of 2k primer over the self etch...epoxy or high build and then start your body filler work. There are primers out there that are direct to metal and also high build and dont have the acid of self etch...but there are also 2k primers that are strictly high build but not necessarily meant to be put onto bare metal so be careful.
Epoxy and self etch are used mainly for bare metal coverage...but always talk with your paint store tech and also read the labels...not all paint store counter guys are equal...you dont want to learn this the hard way!
Hope that helps as I know it gets really confusing when trying to figure out what to use and where as I have had good repeatable results using the above guidelines.
Garry