scored a '65 3-speed manual trans!

Yo Mopar Dudes! After almost two decades of searching I scored 3-speed manual trans for my old '64 dodge 330 wagon! It is from a '65 Coronet wagon, almost the same thing. That is going to refocus what I am doing with these cars around here. I had been hoping to be able to return the wagon to it's original configuration after I bought it back from my son (what I was really coveting was the hopped up 383 he had rebuilt to use in my '64 Polora, an original 383 car). When I broke the original trans back in the mid nineties I converted the car to 4-speed because I could not find another 3-speed, but 4-speed was easy to find and sounded fun. I did not really know what I was doing at the time so I used the wrong trans and really butchered the floor and cross member. it worked OK at the time and also was a great high school project for my son. But now that I have the car again I wanted to do it right. However, this is not the only car I have, and upgrading to proper equipment was going to be costly, more involved than I really wanted to go with this car. Instead, I thought it would be cool to have an original 3-on-the-tree car (another reason for doing this is these days that is rare, kids don't even know what that is) with a nice running 318 poly head engine, and cool set of wheels. It will likely be rat rod style primered  with saddle blanket over the seat for while (because it is not the only car I own). I still have the bellhousing and most of the parts, but I may have to find or fab the shift linkage (easier than finding the trans was). I have a good floor and cross member from the parts car (don't worry, the parts car is banged up and bent, not losing but gaining by cutting it up). I have a 318 LA engine to use as a "mule" engine to get it all together and running until I can get the poly head engine rebuilt. And best of all, the Polora is going to be reassembled with an original appearing but hopped up 383, but that is another subject. My goal now is to have both cars reassembled and running under their own power by next fall, hope I have time to get it all done (l am blessed by having a career that keeps me busy as well as being a property owner but cursed because I don't have much time to work on my cars. But what's the hurry, I will have plenty to do when I retire)

Ben Morgan

 So what if I have cars in my yard

1966 Dodge Coronet 500
1964 Dodge Polara 2-dr HT
1964 Dodge 330 Station Wagon
1954 Ford F-100 (Grandpa's Truck)
1990 Ford Bronco 5.8L
plus a few other wrecks and lawn ornaments