Re: Headliner with exposed bows

I've been searching for years and still haven't had any luck.  But
your email and reviewing the thread got me back on track.  I called
Joe Suchy who wasn't aware of my type of headliner, but he says I
should call Mike at REM, which I'll do tomorrow.

So far I've stumped the experts.  The headliner is for a 63 Polara
500.  It has stainless exposed bows, which I like and want to keep.
The material is deteriorating and flaking away.  See pictures below.
It's kind of a striped, thin, foam rubber material glued to a brown
cardboard backing board.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115013310552314897903/63Polara500#5722373151695931842
https://picasaweb.google.com/115013310552314897903/63Polara500#5722373174239609346

I've never seen another car with the same material and every time I go
to Carlisle, I look hard.  I've also  brought samples to folks like
Legendary.  It's been suggested that it was not factory and was added
later, but I don't buy it.  I have another white 63 Polara 500 that
has the same material.

But I'm determined and I'll keep you posted if I make any progress.

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)
'63 Polara 500 (383)