Re: How to stop hacked accounts

Hi All,

I want to add one very simple thing EVERYONE can do.  It takes no additional software.  And all should do this with other groups they email with.

The question you should ask yourself is how many of my friends all email each other by placing all their friends names in the "TO" location of their email program?
Next time you get an email from a friend or a forum, take a look who else it is addressed to.
Every one of those recipients are subject to bots and spyware stealing your email address and then turning around and either using it or tagging it with a virus and sending it on.
One way to avoid this happening to you is very simple, AND FREE.

Next time you are sending an email to lots of people at once , put them all in the BCC section of your "to" section of email creation.   BCC means "blind carbon copy".  By doing this the bots and spyware spammers cant pick up these email addresses thereby passing on this crap.
Email several buds in the "to" or "cc" section of your email program and all are sitting there waiting to get sniped.

This simple change in how you email multiple people will drastically cut down the viruses running rampant in your email.

just my 3 cents.