Tom Hoover, AKA “FATHER OF THE HEMI”

As far as I can tell this is legitimate. If someone knows otherwise, please post an update.

Thanks,
Gary H.

A message from Herb McCandless Sr
Tom Hoover, AKA “FATHER OF THE HEMI”

Mr Hoover, who Is 83 years old mentally sharp as ever however has a serious blood disorder and has been in and out of the hospital many times in the past few months.

I will say this man is probably one of the most intelligent men I’ve ever met when it comes to automotive engineering he was the head of the HEMI race program from the beginning, and the developer of the 426 Hemi, Ramcharger and Motown Missile engine builder. When Chrysler went to remake the 5.7 hemi in the 2000’s they sent Chrysler engineers to his house for a week to discuss design issues and changes he wish he had made. Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth racers its safe you guys wouldn’t not have the equipment you had today if it hadn’t of been for this guy....

I’m asking the racing community show your support and appreciation of his years as an engineer in the race program, he was totally a behind the scenes guy that got very little credit at the time for his work. Where we would be today without the 426 HEMI. If you could take 5 minutes out of your day to Mail Mr Hoover a Get Well card, note of thanks or a short letter it will boost an 83 year old mans spirits. We did this 2 years ago with Bob Cahill another race program director and he lifted his spirits beyond belief.

Thanks for your support, I’ve always said Racers are the best people in the world.

No phone calls please,
Tom Hoover
6022 Tolman Circle
Roanoke, Va 24012