From: TorqueChap <TorqueChap@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Lug Nut Question on AP Torq Thrust-Style Wheels??
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 8:02 AM

Hi All,
Eager to mount a set of Torq Thrust wheels on my 300K Ram. But we're running into a safety issue.

The 1/2" diameter studs which are pressed into the hub and the drum aren't long enough. We've tried standard lugs (LH/RH) from Classic Industries but there just isn't enough bite to be safe. Research "suggests" that the set up should use acorn-style lugs and not sleeve-type.

As background, the wheels are early 1970s Torq Thrust-style units from Appliance Plating (AP) in 15x7.

Looking for information on how to safely mount these wheels on the 300. Safety is paramount and it's important that the wheels be firmly attached to the car (for obvious reasons!).

Many thanks for any and all advice/suggestions/leads!

David M.
New Jersey