Re: No transmission downshift when flooring it

Re: No transmission downshift when flooring it

You're listening to a Chebby guy?
No wonder you're confused.
The transmission should have a kick down rod attached.
It runs from the left side of the carburetor, down to the throttle
valve lever on the left side of the transmission.
Make sure it's connected at both ends of the rod. Then adjust it
according to the service manual.
Which is pull the carburetor linkage to the WOT position with the rod
disconnected from the carburetor linkage. Adjust the threaded portion
of the rod to correspond to the bell crank rod on the carburetor
linkage in the WOT position.
You may have to adjust the rod either way (longer or shorter) to get
everything like you want it

Jimmy