From: Timothy Arnold <timna74@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, May 4, 2013 2:59:31 AM
Subject: Trim questions

Going to get my 65 coronet in paint very soon.  Meanwhile I wanted to start fixing the trim & getting the needed clips so I can install them when it's complete

First off,  I need a few clips for the outside back window trim I am assuming these are them?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Rear-Window-Trim-Clips-Hardtop-64-Polara-Fury-Savoy-65-Coronet-Satellite-/290807006838  dumb question now is how do they install?  & can I install them with the glass in place?

Next is I have several trim pieces that have been damaged sometime in the past, they were pop riveted on the car & I need to fill the holes in the trim.  I heard of a product called Alumiweld, anyone every use it? I just want something to repair the holes that I can do (without a welder or spending $ to have someone do it) & make it will look decent until I can find a replacement piece.  Here is a pic of one of the several holes http://s8.photobucket.com/user/tnaz71/media/2013-05-03213051_zps5bd521ca.jpg.html

Last question,  when I took the trim off the doors it was held on by these clips http://s8.photobucket.com/user/tnaz71/media/2013-05-03212802_zpsa3fffc0f.jpg.html.  In that picture it has some black rubber type substance on it, is that a type of glue?  Some of the clips have it & some don't.  I am assuming its to seal the water from coming in, what material can I use on the clips to have them water tight again?  silicone perhaps?

Thanks
Tim