Re: 62 Newport price

Ok and thanks for the tips

Sent from my iPhone

On May 21, 2013, at 2:20 PM, "Eric Sturgis" <ericsturgis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes the post cars were the base model, they made lots of them from no options with a stick shift to fully loaded with all the goodies and a 413 with dual quads could be ordered so you see them in all in ways.  I like them the best as they leak the less wind and water.  They made 54,813 of the post cars and 8,712 of the hardtops for the Newport.  A transmission is not that hard to find or repair for that car.

Some things that will make it worth more are....

383 or a 413 (it's not got it as you said)
Stick shift (They made so few and are fun to mess with)
Factory A/C that is built in the dash....NOT under the dash.  Nobody cares about the one under the dash.
Rear window A/C
Dual speakers are an oddity....but I wouldn't pay a lot extra for it
rear defrost, AM radio, AM Radio with Auto Search, Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Seat, Bucket Seats, Clock, Tinted windows...all these things are desirable things to have, but just 1 or 2 doesn't increase the value by a lot.  All of them together make it worth quite a bit more.

But as you may have guessed value is in the eye of the beholder and for most people a 4 door post car just isn't got a lot of value.  But if you love it and want it, buy it.  I'd offer less than $1000 for it myself, unless it is in REALLY nice shape.  There is one near me that I've not bought yet...as I think $1000 is too much for it, but it's complete and a nice car....but I'll only give him 500 for it.