Re: No more "DODGE" perhaps?

This rumor began after Plymouth was axed, but really got traction when Ram was made its own brand. They were both stupid moves, but killing Dodge is worse yet.

When they killed Plymouth, they lost most of the customers that were loyal to Plymouth. I don't recall how the number was tracked, but it was in the 80% range. Dodge is a much larger brand than Plymouth was at the time, so if history repeats itself (and there's little reason to believe that it won't), they're going to really regret that decision. This time, however, I feel that it would be due to mismanagement, rather than indifference - Daimler only cared about Chrysler as far they could steal and neglect their way to profitability for the mother ship. Fiat seems to care, even if they don't always make sound decisions.

~S~