RE: Ethanol news

If they are going to 15% ethanol as you say, it is not 85% ethanol. That is what doesn’t make sense to me. Am I just a little slow or what? It cant be both.

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Kinsley
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 9:01 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Ethanol news

Yes, E-85 is 85% ethanol not 15%.  There is a push now to change the 10% usual dose of ethanol to 15% and the car companies have complained heartily about it.  I have a flex-fuel, E-85, Chrysler van and it can run on anything out there. I like the E-85 in the winter but  not in the summer or on a trip.  The mileage is about 20% less so it's not cheaper to run unless the fuel is at least 20% cheaper. I think it has more power with the E-85.  I don't believe it's any help with the ethanol blends. I use the ethanol blends in my daily driver but avoid it at all costs in my '64.

Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr LeRoar 324 poly w/goodies