Nostalgia Notes

As the memories fade I'm trying to get some of this stuff in writing, I hope you guys don't mind.

I have a little information to share relative to the "Color Me Gone" car clones.  While Roger Lindamood is well remembered for the "Color Me Gone" Dodges, he in fact raced a Plymouth in 1963.

Ralph and Lynn Ronzello (formerly of Lansing, MI, now in NC) did the first authorized "Color Me Gone" clone in the late 80's or early 90's.  Ralph had made contact with Roger Lindamood, who gave Ralph an original door (with the original paint!) so Ralph could get the paint right.  Ralph purchased an original aluminum front end Dodge, the former "Suspect 426" car.  I had the pleasure of driving this car in the early 80's - it was just like brand new, hadn't been raced alot or thrashed, still had all the original carpet, etc.  It was smooth as silk, and ran 11.25 at 121 mph, which I always equated with driving my mom's car.  No crazy handling or antics, just smooth as silk.  The car was raced around mid Michigan, I don't recall the original owner's name, but the second owner was Ron Michalik of Flint (Flyin' Beetle), then buddy Rick Boyer of Saginaw.  Rick sold the car to a guy in or near Jackson, MI around 1984.

Anyway, this pristine car was the basis for the '64 at the WPC Museum.  It basically just needed the "Color Me Gone" paint and period wheels. As with Ralph's other cars at the time, and in light that this was indeed a nearly perfect original aluminum car, it was simply too nice to race.  The Ronzellos then built the '63 car, which has seen a good amount of track time with Lynn at the wheel.

SC