Torqueflite fluid filling and capacity ??

Torqueflite fluid filling and capacity ??

I have a Torqueflite that has been completely drained, both the pan and the torque converter.  The torque converter was drained by removing the plug on the converter.

I need to attach it to an engine that I want to run for cam break-in.  The engine is not in a car, it is on a solid stand that will support it and the transmission.

Question
Can I just fill the converter through the drain and not remove it from the transmission and if so do I completely fill it or just put in a quart like when the converter has been removed?

How much fluid should I put in the transmission?

The transmission has a spline tail shaft so I was thinking about just using one of the plastic caps to keep it from leaking.

My concern is that when I start the engine I would like to do a full 20 minutes or more for cam break-in at 2,000 to 2,500 rpm.  I am open to any and all suggestions how to get this done, I need the transmission connected to be able to start the engine.

Thanks
Dennis C.