Re: 440 MW CAM AND PISTON CHOICE RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED.....

Re: 440 MW CAM AND PISTON CHOICE RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED.....

Hi Ralph,

I didn't see a response from our resident M/W experts, and I am certainly not one, but I'll give you my opinion which might look more like some general guidance than recommendations:

1) If your heads aren't on the car you can cc them yourself relatively easily, or have a shop do it for you.  This is not a huge task and if mine I would want to know the details on the specific iron I panned on using vs. relying on old or assumed data.  Besides, who knows, perhaps someone was in there cutting already?
2) Street / Street is an amorphous term.  Street / Street to one person is a killer bracket car that could be managed on the street on special occasions (like after three "sodas" in my neck of the woods), but to another person it might mean the other side of the spectrum - a good driver that also performs admirably if occasionally test-n-tuned at a local track.  I am only setting your expectations such that whatever nuggets of wisdom come back to you will need to be filtered to determine if it aligns with your definition of Street / Strip
3) The compression / octane question is more likely to be answered in the real world with your setup, in my humble opinion.  It is primarily about detonation and what your particular mill needs to avoid it.  Again, I am not trying to be Debbie Downer, but there are just way too many variables to your questions to expect anything but opinions and guess.  If that's what you are after then cool.  My advice would be to frame any answer accordingly, though.  P.S. if you want to see some epic bulletin board discussions, make yourself a bowl of popcorn and Google mopar octane best...
4) The cam question goes back to #2 - as well as what you want to do with the car, what is tolerable, what does the rest of the setup look like, etc.

I hope this makes sense.  I am trying to be helpful, not critical :-)

Jim