From: Bob Faunce <bobsbelvedere@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Feb 24, 2014 8:44 am
Subject: Satellite Radio

Hi – I apologize in advance for bringing up a non-Mopar but this is something that has been bothering me so I thought I would ask the group for some feedback.  Over the past half-dozen years I have owned or driven three cars with Sirius satellite radios (Fords and Dodge)  and three with XM satellite radios (Chevy and Toyotas).  I have found that the reception with the XM radios has been consistently poor with even modest tree growth along roads blocking reception.  In-town with buildings of only modest height also blocks reception.  On these same roads with the exactly the same tree cover and driving conditions and in-town on the same streets reception with the Sirius radios is always excellent with little or no interference.  The XM reception in Maine is so bad in some places that I don’t bother with the satellite radio.

Even though Sirius-XM is now one company I believe they have different satellites.  I live in Maine and my theory is that the Sirius satellite is higher in the sky (at least in Maine) while the XM satellite is closer to the horizon, allowing reception to be more easily block by trees and buildings.  I would like to know if folks who live elsewhere have experienced similar problems with either XM or Sirius reception.  Thanks, Bob from Maine