Re: 62 413 max wedge car

Hi Jason
Recent back surgery has put things on hold but have learned a lot about edelbrock carbs and idle circuit before my surgery last Monday.
First I checked for vacuum leaks by borrowing a friends propane tank with special wand to direct propane all around intake and carbs. No leaks.

A friend who has been racing Mopars for a long time epoxied shut the air bleeds and was able to get engine to idle at 850 rpm. It idles well but is running rich and plugs are pretty black. He has a set of drill bits finer than needles and will start with the finest drill maybe .010 and drill holes to lean it out a bit and while he says the E Street heads are not his choice ( crap in his words)He will make them work with the Comp cam he installed.
Also bought a couple sets of calibration kits so he can try different metering rods. Friends have offered to get Lexan windows replaced by a guy in St Pete, FL. and Body guy will start to finish body and paint while I am laid up for a couple months.
Interior if done and looks great.
I learned a big lesson. Speed Shops are there to sell you parts. Mopar friends are there to tell you what works best. No more speed shop advice especially those who race big block chevies!

I had my surgery in NC but Spring and dry asphalt will be here soon also.  Sold my wooden floor trailer and looking a nice used aluminum feather lite with electric winch.

Hope to go racing later this year.

David

Sent from my iPhone
David Blosser