Re: Transmission 1964 Plymouth (was Re: Abridged summary of 1962to19...@

Re: Transmission 1964 Plymouth (was Re: Abridged summary of 1962to19...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 4 Messages in 1 Topic)

that's what's left of an old mans memory i guess.   must be i worked on more G.M.'s than mopars...

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Bill Paxton <wmp4@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

                What’s a 267?

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of james canfield
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2014 4:48 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Gary H.
Subject: Re: Transmission 1964 Plymouth (was Re: Abridged summary of 1962to19...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 4 Messages in 1 Topic)

gary,  sorta right.   the poly block bolt pattern lines up all but 1 bolt.   i had to cut 3/4" off and drill/tap to make it work.  just to get the starter to line up.    i should have given more details right off.    i do have the 904 push button rebuilt and in the car,,i had to use the tailshaft from the slant 6 tranny..   but can't get the shift cables calibrated.  i'd rather change it all. instead of tryin to use the buttons on a newer 727.   reason i want a console shifter too...i have to re-cover the seat anyhow..   may as well be comfy bucket's instead of the ol bench...      so my big problem would be.    the right tranny.    tail shaft length???     possibly a fury 2.   or charger?    cause i also will need the drive shaft..   or can i just swap out the bolt on yoke for a slip in?     the only thing i know for sure is that i shoulda done this years ago when i was much younger....

the tranny i got came from a 64 cuda.   with a 267 engine.     in those day's the slant 6 and the 267 was the standard engine in the cuda/valiant.   anything bigger had to be a special order...so i was told..