Re: More Speedo. Ratio adapters, 65 A833

Re: More Speedo. Ratio adapters, 65 A833

Tom, we do build the straight style adapter along with the special cable and clamp.  The original Stewart Warner adapter was a darker gray color and the edges were much more rounded than the ones we could buy.

We built ours with a .75 reduction as it gave better coverage.  We can custom build some ratios as pinions are getting hard to find, if I have the required gears in my collection. Once these parts started getting "rare" everybody thinks they're worth a mint.  As an example, I recently found a box with a collection of gears, axles, spacers, screws; a lot of little bits and pieces, some of which fit the adapters we build.  If I cupped my hands together all of the parts (including the ones I couldn't use) would fit without spilling over, and they wanted $700.

There is a chart floating around in the catacombs showing the pinion required for a variety of tire and axle ratios... I bet Gary H. has a link :)

Instead of hijacking this thread I've started a new one with more info about ratio adapters and rare parts.  Feel free to contact me offline if you have questions.

Thanks,
SC