UPDATE (large size): 65 Dart GT Convertible 273-4bbl-4spd

UPDATE (large size): 65 Dart GT Convertible 273-4bbl-4spd

Well, I've been away again for awile, I kinda tossed all online stuff a couple years ago, frome feeling so overwhelmed with life, online, work and home.  So this time around I am adding back the important stuff.  Been lurking off and on the last couple months, and recently started to repost.

------------

Well, a lot has happened to the ole Dart since I joined the list back in 2001.  I was active on the list for some, and not for others.   It had a new top put on in 2002 as I put it back on the road, with a ton of small little mechanical fixes and a newly rebuilt polygraphite bushed front end.

Within about 3 or 4 years, a rod started a knocking, so I swapped in a 318, and started a saving to rebuild the 273.  Around that time we moved to the vegas area, and the car went back in dads barn for about a year.  ATwhich point once settled, we brought her down to the new house.

First trip out, blew the gasket on the 90 degree and unloaded 4 quarts of oil in the driveway.  Good times !!

I joined up with Mopars Of Las Vegas for oitings and fun.  Poker runs, et al.  Sold the 68 cloned gtx convertible, and continued to tinker on the dart.

In 2010, I tackled the surface rusty engine compartment in preparation for the upcoming rebuild.

2011, I rebuilt the engine, mostly stock, except for the .030 egge 10.5 pistons and the racer brown st-1 cam.  Ran like a champ for about two months and then ate a rod bearing and tore it back down, new bearings and a donor crank, and off and going again. .

Lost the radiator on startup after by putting a fan thru it and had it recored with high efficiency copper.

This january, I changed it over to an 8 3/4 and SS springs, just in time to take it on the valley of fire cruize, and have been taking her out most every weekend since.

That's just the brief summary, a lot of lines blurred in between, as it is vegas ;-)

--Tom