Making LeRoar respectable

I gotta say that my Holley 2bbl and the 3" air cleaner were just too wimpy looking for me.
It did run better than the Carter 2bbl but at least the Carter air cleaner looks much better!

Both carbs are surging in cruise range which is an indicator of a lean mix. The Carter even pops back under acceleration sometimes. Since I have 2 carbs I took one set of jets and drilled them out with the smallest bit I had which was 1/16".  I think it did help a bit but it still surges at cruise speeds. It idles fine and starts good. It seems to run ok at higher speeds too. I'll have to check and see which circuit is involved in cruise.  I think the spring for the metering rods may be a key to improving that issue. I have springs from the Eddy carbs which I can use for testing. According to the Eddy manual the spring helps the transition to higher speeds. A stronger spring may be needed. Surging is one of the signs that the spring may need to be stronger.

I am trying to get LeRoar looking respectable for the Mopar Mega Meet this Sat.. Dodger has loaned me a set of chrome valve covers and I may try these out with my black/red air cleaner. I might also try adding my decals to my current stainless painted vc's. With some clear coat that would look good too. I'll send pic's with before and after. It couldn't get much more pitiful than before!

I anxiously await the the new intake manifold and the transition back to a 4bbl. Cam change? Gotta give this one a chance but I dunno.  I have a lead on a complete poly engine with a 2x4 manifold. May have to buy it if I can.

Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr LeRoar 318poly w/less goodies