Re: Broken 742

sounds as if you have a solid plan....goodluck

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 9:17 AM, 'Travis Rice' via The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, I think we can put this one to rest. One of the things I really like about this site is the diversity of opinions, experience and personalities. I've heard from several if you that i should keep the 8 3/4 cause it can hold up to almost anything and others think I should toss it in favor of a Dana. I'm doing both.

I'm having a new gear set installed (3:55) and down the road I'm having a Dana set up and going back to 4:10 with a Gear Vendor O/D.

I'm an old drag racer and I built this car to beat on. Differentials are something you should be able to build once with good parts and then forget about. That's why I went with a chromoly driveshaft, 10 spline chromoly diff yolk, new clutches and ring & pinion. Just didn't work out. So, I'll pamper the car until I get the heavier rear axle in and then go out and flog it. Thanks for everyone's response and input. I really enjoy being part of this group and I hope to get together with you at a mopar event somewhere. Speaking of, planning to attend cruising the coast again in Mississippi. Takers?

Sent from my iPhone