RE: Space saver spare fitment

Yep.... Then I could fill the wagon’s spare wheel under the rear cargo floor will all kinds of stuff.....

My brother’s new Challenger is that way - and the wife’s 2010 MINI Cooper S came with no spare, no slime kit, but with run-flat tires.  We changed out the run-flats right away since they ride so hard, added a small slime/compressor kit and plug kit.  Bought a space saver spare of a justa Cooper, but it just sits in the garage.  2 weeks after we bought the regular tires I notice an aluminum roofing nail sticking out of a sidewall - go figure.  Discount Tire’s road hazard paid off that time.....

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert Faunce
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2014 6:33 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars
Subject: Re: Space saver spare fitment

This won't get you a real spare tire but many new car models no longer come with a spare. Instead they come with a small DC compressor and integral canister of liquid tire sealer. It worked great on a recent flat on my (gasp!) Ford C-Max. Walmart sells the compressor-tire sealer package for $20.  It won't solve your problem if you tear up a tire but it seems to work well on regular punctures. Bob from Maine