Re: My 2014 USA trip

glad to have  met ya ,,and i know we in the states do have less standards  then your country ,i guess ,,but the car is still here for someone ,what did ya find to take back ?

From: Ray Bell <raybell46@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, July 5, 2014 10:43 PM
Subject: Re: My 2014 USA trip

Well, with over seven weeks of my nine weeks in the USA now gone, I've had a great time!

I met up with Paul and Connie Hoffmeyer, they were very hospitable to me and we had some good discussions. I missed out on seeing Don Gallimore because my trip took a different direction.

Bill Parker was at home in Indiana when I called in, ever grateful for the help he gave me last time and ready to hand over a pair of Poly heads I wanted to take home. Thanks again, Bill.

The saddest part, both to me and to Doug Daniel, was that the '65 Monaco I wanted to buy from him was simply too rusty to make it worthwhile taking it to Australia. We have a totally different standard there and it would have been a nightmare for me and it was all work I can't do myself. It's a good car, I'm sure, and for anyone in the US who can do the bodywork it would be a (relative) snack to make it into a showpiece.

I then had the very real pleasure of meeting up with Gary Futrell in Oklahoma, we had a bit of time together before he had to go off to see his father. Thanks for your time, Gary as well as my thanks to Paul, Connie and Doug.

Today I arrived at Rich Kinsley's place and he turned on a bit of a picnic for us. Dodger came along, the delightful '66 Charger of Jack Andre was here (a shame he isn't a member), Rich's cousin Al was an early arrival and George Smith put another '64 Polara in the driveway to complement Rich's car. The chrome cover on the back of the Dana under George's car stood out well.

Food was thrown around, we had some good discussions and laughs and then the boys left. Rich gave me a hand to give the van an oil change and to fit a driver's window that would wind up and down. That was a bit testy!

From here I go to Pikes Peak, then up to Spokane, back to Utah, across Northern Nevada and into California for the drive to Long Beach and LAX.

I'm going to do this again one day!