RE: How to: 65 C-body disc brake conversion (1st installment) LONG READ!

YA  DOT 3 WILL EAT PAINT BUT 5 IS BASICLY SILICON FLUID MILITARY ALL USE IT I WAS GOING TO USE IT ON MY CARS TILL I SAW THE PRICE AND ALSO HAVE LEAKS

JASON

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Cory Rempel
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 7:36 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: How to: 65 C-body disc brake conversion (1st installment) LONG READ!

Hey Lyle, why would MPB forbid DOT 5 fluid?  Seems kinda weird.

Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 04:26:11 -0700
From: carverex@xxxxxxx
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Dan

Great post! I studied conversion options all winter and decided to go Master Power with billet aluminum calipers. After all that work I wanted some eye candy affect.

My question is, and this is thrown out for anyone who has an opinion, did you use thread sealer on the hard line fittings? Master Power forbids DOT 5 fluid and I have had irritating little leaks at the proportioning valve ( which leaks on the frame rail and eats the paint). I've heard both pro's and con's.

Congratulations on a job well done!

Lyle

63 Sport Fury 383