RE: Cleaning insect splatter

Never tried using dryer sheets for bug removal Robert but I use them all the time for keeping critters out of the car. Always put a couple under the seats for winter storage. Works just as good as moth balls and smell a lot better. My sister puts them in her garden to keep the deer out. For some reason Bounce seem to work the best.

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert Faunce
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2014 9:08 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars
Subject: Cleaning insect splatter

Maybe everyone already knows about this but it was news to me.  I returned a couple of weeks ago from a 900 mile trip in northern Maine with tons of insect splatter on the front of my white Barracuda.  I tried a couple of commercial products but they didn't do a thing.

I googled bug remover ratings to see if there was a better product and I came across a guy on YouTube with a short video on a home made solution.  He said to put 4-5 ounces of water in a sprayer and add one of the fabric softener sheets that usually get tossed in the dryer.  Shake it up well and then spray the bug splatter.  Let it sit for a few seconds and then wipe the area with a second sheet that has been dampened with water.

I tried it and it was absolutely amazing how quickly and readily the bugs disappeared with no elbow grease. It took no more than 10 minutes to do the entire front end and every bit of bug splatter was gone.  It does not appear to have had any effect on the finish.  The only minor downside was that when I washed the car, the chemical in the sheets seems to have neutralized the sudsing of the car wash.

Has anyone else tried this?