1965 kickdown?

Hi all,

I got a note from a fellow with a 1965 Dodge looking for advice.  Any suggestions? Here is his note:

>>The1965 Dodge Coronet's kick down is the Lokar cable kit for throttle and kick down on a 440 with an Edelbrock Performer intake, The manifold is the single 4 bbl. with a Holley 3310. The 1965 Coronet drives very well under normal driving (light throttle shifts into 2nd at 15 mph into 3rd at 25  mph). The trans will not downshift/kick down when you press hard on the gas pedal. If I adjust the kick down cable to where it will downshift then the normal shifts are too high.

>Has anyone purchased and used the A & A trans kick down kit part #42614B1P for 64-65 street wedge engines in a 65 B body?  I looked at a 65 Dodge  Coronet 426 single 4 bbl. with a 727 at a Mopar show. It had a one piece kick down lever but the carb. end of the rod had a  slide type end. The 65 service manual shows this is correct.
After talking to A&A trans. their kit is for the 64 cars that I believe had a ball type attachment where the kick down rod attaches to the carb. I need the type end that slides on a  stud attached to the carb. I don't want to spend $275. on a kit that will  not offer what I need.

> I am hoping if I can locate the original style  kick down linkage then the car will shift normally and kick down too.

Thanks,
Gary H.