Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2014 9:52 PM
Subject: Re: LeRoar still having issues

The item on the fenderwell is the pressure regulator and gauge.  I really don't need the regulator with the new pump so I will be removing it soon. The pump is inside of the right rear wheel.

Yes the wet side is the cool side. The left bank.

This happened after I had just installed the old original 2 bbl stock manifold. I tried the original carb and it was way to lean.  I messed with the jets and got it running quite good with vac numbers up in the 20-24" range. Then after 20 miles or so it started running crappy again and the vac dropped down to about 17" quickly.  I tried a Holley 2bbl.. No good.  Then I got my 4 bbl Weiand 7503 back which I had previously used successfully for a short while. It still ran crappy with about 14-15" vac.. I torqued the manifold down in a circular manner like the heads.  The car runs very cool even when idling for extended periods.

The switch to the 2 bbl stock dual plane manifold was done when changing to the new 244deg hyd cam.. I also switched the trans and converter back to stockish and the heads were the ones I had used since my first build until I got the "trick" heads from Gary P.
The alternator went bad so I replaced it and the voltage regulator. The voltage is good now.  I replaced the ECU and swapped the ballast resistor. (It's a .8 ohm which was my original)  I do need to adjust the timing I believe as I didn't disturb the dist so I hadn't changed it since the 4 bbl was installed. It was set for the 2 bbl's though.

Maybe the coil is weak but it doesn't make sense that only one bank seems to not be firing well????????  I will check the spark intensity soon.

Rich Kinsley