Fwd: Fw: VIN NUMBER

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: jhanlon1903 . <jhanlon1903@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Subject: Fwd: Fw: VIN NUMBER
To: Michael Deverix <mfd22_44@xxxxxxxxxxx>, robert malcuit <bobmalcuit@xxxxxxxxx>, Rbrtlow2 <rbrtlow2@xxxxxxx>, linda610@xxxxxxxx, Nancy <ncallanan@xxxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <Grumpy1631@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 3:29 PM
To: jhanlon1903@xxxxxxxxx

FW: Fwd: VIN NUMBER

VIN NUMBER - WARNING

Here is INFO worth the
price of your car....

WHAT WILL the car thieves THINK OF NEXT? The car thieves peer through the windshield of your car or vehicle,write down the
VIN # from the label on the dash, go to the local car dealership and request a duplicate key based on the VIN #.

I didn't believe this e-mail, so I called
Chrysler-Dodge and pretended I had lost my keys. They told me to just bring in the VIN #, and they would cut me one on the spot, and I could order the keyless device if I wanted.

The Car Dealer's Parts Department will make a duplicate key from the VIN #, and collect payment from the thief who will return to your car.
He doesn't have to break in, do any damage to the vehicle, or draw attention to himself. All he has to do is walk up to your car, insert the key and off he goes to a local chop shop with your vehicle.

You don't believe it? It IS that EASY.

To avoid this from

happening to you, simply put some dark tape (electrical

tape, duct tape or medical tape) across the VIN Number Metal

Label located on the dashboard.

By law, you cannot

remove the VIN, but you CAN cover it so it can't be viewed

through the windshield by a car thief.

I urge you to

forward this to your friends before some other car thief

steals another car or truck.

I slipped a 3x5 card

over my VIN NUMBER. PASS THIS INFORMATION

ON TO ALL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS

NOW!!!!!

=