Re: Texas title transfer

 Yep, we do have an "out of state inspection requirement" The purpose of which is to confirm your title matches the serial number on the car. This inspection is done when you present the car for it's first safety inspection. Of course you also have to show proof of financial responsibility, (liability ins.). This out of state inspection fee is a additional buck or two and you get a separate document to give to the clerk when registering and applying for a Texas title. Now here is what chapped my A$$, cars registered as antique are not required to have a yearly safety inspection, but to get that out of state certificate you now have to pay for the safety inspection, ($12.00) when I had mine done. I believe the state took me for $12.00. I was a liscened state inspector for 25 years and during that time if anyone came in for an "out of state" we wrote the car serial number on the form signed it charged them a buck and sent them on their way. Now I can imagine some of you may think I am one cheap sphincter muscle. The chapper is: back then we were paid $2.50, our cut, of the State inspection fee, and maybe $.50 for the out of state. So when I think about thousands of $2.50's I missed out on makes my sitting here uncomfortable.