RE: Driveability Problem

Hi – I want to make sure that my Carter BBD carburetor has the proper size jets.  The factory manual calls for jet # 120-294S but does not indicate its size.  Unfortunately, none of the jet suppliers use the this number – they only go by size.  Does anyone have information on the size of the standard jet for the Carter BBD used on a 1965 273 A/T?   Thanks

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric Sturgis
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 2:58 AM
To: Chrysler Group
Subject: Re: Driveability Problem

Starved for fuel, plugged lines, fuel filter, weak or bad fuel pump, float in carb not set right.

I'd start by testing how well the fuel pump, pumps.  One way to check the pump is to disconnect the fuel line at the carburetor and place the end of the line into a container. Crank the engine to see if the pump is pushing any fuel through the line. Strong steady spurts of fuel mean the pump is working. No fuel or a weak stream means a bad pump, a plugged fuel filter, fuel line blockage or no fuel in the tank.

If it pumps lots of fuel and seem strong I'd then check the float in the carb.  It could be set too low and the car starves for fuel, or it could be plugged port for the fuel into the bowl that would cause it to be starved for fuel.

Both are easy to test and can tell you a lot.

Goodluck

Eric

Eric Sturgis

Tacoma, WA

1962 Chrysler Newport 2 door HT in Coral Gray

2014 Chrysler 300 3.6L in Jazz Blue

2014 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7L (ya it's a HEMI) in Header Orange