RE: Wildlife Encounters

Well some of our best wildlife have been behind the wheel.  A cougar crossing a gravel road that stretched in length clear across the road - on the way down from a high horse camp with a Boy Scout group.  Mount Rainier area Washington state.  We had ladies walking down behind us that were afraid to be in a vehicle on the step road.

Two moose in a pond up to their necks by Kellogg Idaho, when we just happened to pull off to find a remote rest stop on the way to pick up a new truck at Dave Smith Motors.  (Largest Dodge dealer in the world by sales volume).

A black bear cub zipping across a steep mountain pass road - Chinook Pass in Washington right after it opened from the winter - Spring drive in the wife’s new 2010 MINI Cooper at the time.  He ducked under the guard rail and just keep heading straight down lickity split thru the brush and trees.  Only other time in my life I have seen a black bear in the wild, was from a boat heading to Stehekin on the lake.

Most recently another 2 Moose on the road, adolescents at the base of Steptoe Butte in eastern Washington just as we came back down from the view point.  Always heard there were “Moose on the Palouse”, only time we ever saw any.  A real surprise if you know the area that is mostly rolling wheat fields.

People think of “Seattle” and Washington as a wet place, but we have some great green wilderness in the state because of the rainfall.  When my son started school in Atlanta, Georgia - I compared annual rainfall.  The same - but they get it all at once in downpours - we get it constantly in a drizzle.  LOL.

Ric

’62 Dart wagon