Re: Hemi 6

There is a current article called "Australia’s Once-Vibrant Auto Industry Crashes in Slow Motion" that is part of a slide show; the link is here:
http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2014/12/14/automobiles/14aussie-slides.html?ref=automobiles

The Chrysler Wayfarer from the early 1960s pictured in the slide show would be one heck of a crowd-gatherer nowadays in the US or elsewhere!

"Mitsubishi took over Chrysler Australia in 1980, buying 99% of the equity in the company. The name Chrysler was dropped in October 1980; the last Valiant was produced in August 1981, bringing the total to 565,338."
http://www.valiant.org/ausval.html

I recall reading somewhere that when Mitsubishi took hold of Chrysler Australia they scrapped all the equipment and casting tooling that made the Hemi 6, so no more could be made even if the willpower to do so returned. Another reason not to buy a Mitsubishi eh? LOL

Thanks,
Gary H.