Re: Weird 383 stamping

The ML383 21625 if it,s a marine engine would stand for:
M=Marine
L=left hand rotation
383=engine size
2=feburary
16=day 16
25=25th engine built that day
Maltese cross=.001 undersized crank bearing
If possible,email me a picturer of the stamping pad and find the casting number of the block as there are 6 different castings for the 383,mrmopartech
Now if it,s a car engine or industrial engine,this are different as the rotation of the distributor is reversed,and the cam and oil pump shaft gear are cut the opposite way,so if you took a normal dizzy and try to install it,it will not fit,as it has the cut on the teeth,mrmoparteh