RE: oil additives

We just had an epic thread on Zinc additives.  What I decided in the end was no additives needed, if you choose an oil like this that is already high in ZDDP........

http://www.penngrade1.com/Zinc.aspx

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2015 7:11 PM
To: mopar club
Subject: oil additives

Has anybody used Z-MAX or Bestline oiltreatment?  Ive did some searching on the webb and not sure what to believe. With any studys done you need to follow the money to see whos paying who so I don't believe what I see on the webb. Currently I use Lucas oil stabilizer, but that's for dry start protection. ZMAX and Bestlione claim to reduce friction which will obviously reduce heat and wear. So before I start experimenting I thought I would ask someones whos used the product. Another thing I noticed in an older 318, I was running cheap WalMart Tech oil and was given some Havoline oil so I used it on the next oil change and it picked up the oil pressure. Both oils were the same weight. The lesson here is spend the money on good oil.  In  my 2000 diesel with 380 on it Ive used Diesel Kleen in the grey bottle in the fuel and had very good results. I left south Ga. for Carlisle and when I got to Atlanta three hours away, the tone of the truck was different and I could feel the truck was running better and it picked up 2 MPG so I know it works. That truck was totaled when I hit a tree so hard I knocked the tail lights out of it, so if any one needs a diesel engine I have one. So I have the fuel additive figured out but not sure about the oil or if anything is even needed.. Thanks