Re: Super Stock Springs

So how does one select the right rear springs? I've got the 3800# SS springs on my '65 Belevedere (which weighs just shy of 3800# with 200# me in the seat).  Those 002/003 springs seem inadequate.

Akron Don Gallimore

From: mike creglow <mcreglow@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2015 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: Super Stock Springs

jeff,
i have experience with 002/003 springs.  the 002/003 leaves are .300" thick vs. .250" on the 456/457.  002/3 have a 7/8" rear bushings (A body) compared to 1" for the 456/7.  the 002/3 will right rougher as they are stiffer and the 002 (right side) is pre-loaded (having a higher arch compared to the 003-left).  you will have to raise the driver's side torsion bar to get the car to sit level.  with the correct pinion angle and tires the 002/3 really hook.
mike