Poor thing looks to have been left to rot in a south Louisiana salt marsh.  I smell fish! :-(   I will say that the pics don't hide anything - it looks REALLY rough, rusty corroded, etc, etc.
The vin tag thing seems really weird to me.

BC

On 1/30/2015 10:02 AM, Donald Gallimore wrote:
Wish  I had 18 grand for that '65 Belvedere Hemi clone. If that's a good motor, sound like a great deal from 1,500 miles away.

Akron Don Gallimore

From: Gary H. <62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2015 8:45 AM
Subject: Friday Puzzlers 1-30-2015

Happy Friday all,

Below are links to ads in which I found at least one thing puzzlingly interesting, ironic or funny in the description or the photos. See the note in brackets quoting the ad or {my comments}.

Thanks,
Gary H.

65 Barracuda - $5000
http://joplin.craigslist.org/cto/4855648688.html
["Chevy electronic ignition control module"]

1965 plymouth fury III convertible OBO - $4000
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4865446596.html
["All parts for the car are there just needs re assembled."]

1965 plymouth fury 4 door - $1200
http://lakeland.craigslist.org/cto/4866214432.html
["this car starts and runs. yeah it smokes a tad its a 1965!"]

Barn find 1965 Barracuda - $2500
http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4856226159.html
["Solid body and chassie"]

1965 Plymouth Barracuda - $2500
http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/cto/4864049050.html
["Complete Car!!!!! Has all chrome!!!!!! I will take a loss at $2500.00."]

1965 Valiant 2-Door - Plymouth - $2100
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4868545663.html
["Barn Find! Needs seats redone - "Arizona Cured".]  {Warning: ALL CAPS = YELLING}

1965 plymouth belveder - $1700
http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/4855570910.html
{Old 3-2014 "pictures"}

1965 Plymouth Signet Valient - $1000
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/4861446481.html
["original motor but something happened to it & someone tore it apart to try n see what was up with it...it did run tho when it was in our possession!"]

1965 plymouth fury II four door - $2500
http://kpr.craigslist.org/cto/4844144971.html
["New appolstry"] {no photos}

65 belvedere race Hemi project
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4865009697.html
{I'd like to hear the story behind this one.}