Re: Super Stock Supercars of 1962

Thanks for the heads up on the article. I used to know a fellow who raced a 1962 Ford 406 back then. He told me that when the 1962 Mopars showed up at the 1/4 mile he threw in the towel, switched to Mopar and never owned anything but since. He was in his mid 70's last I saw him and still had Mopars, including a Superbird or Daytona, I can't remember which.

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. As for controversial styling, the 1962s have that. But just drive one and you'll love it.  The real controversial styling for me is the 1961 Dodge and Plymouths. I used to not care for them, but now I think the '61s are neat, especially the dashboards. Regardless, with either a 1961 or 1964 Plymouth or Dodge you are not expecting to see another one at your local car show.

Gary H.