Re: Hot Day at Mopars at the Srrip

Bob, they have mopar race classes, but also classes with mopars against the world.  There were a few races where the other guys won, it is competetive.  And some really nice looking and sounding non-mopes rolling down the track.

The stands were much more full on friday and saturdaythan sunday, sadly, half the show cars don't seem to want to bless us with their presence on sundays, and it does drive me a bit nuts.  The main race events are on sunday, as well as the trophy handouts..   you think they would show up... .....  anyway.

As for the state of the sport, friday night drags and the nhra events fill things up pretty well in Vegas, its alive and kicking here.  It was in denver as well before I moved from there, the local club competed yearly in the club clashes and had many trophys to go with it.  A few members are on the list, they can pipe up, I assume its still rolling there,( after 10 years here)

This was about 1PM yesterday.  Stands were empty.  It was hot in the sun, we sat down for a bite, so picked a row in the early afternoon shade, just befire there was any. Big file, but the return of that group.  A lotta hemis and a few max wedges...   the sound on the video can't record the rumble you feel in your toes...  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0WUIq0MoTudZGV1TF9TbURDaHc/edit?usp=docslist_api