From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Hall, Ricky L
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2015 8:22 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Poly intake mock-up

Doing some Poly manifold prep while waiting on the engine rebuild.  Was not sure the Edelbrock #8131 fuel line & filter kit would clear the water temp sender and manifold - but it is a custom fit.  Going with Lokar bracket and cables for throttle and tranny kick-down.

Found the style brass barb fittings I like on eBay from Zoro tools.  Took several wraps of the thicker 4mil Oatey yellow thread tape.  I read the average plumber uses 4-5 wraps when using the thinner while Teflon thread tape.  Fittings that fit tight and don’t need thread tape to fill the gap get Permatex (anaerobic) high temperature thread sealant.

Also learned you do not want to put thread tape or sealant on the first 1 or 2 threads of the male fitting.  And you wrap it clockwise as you look at the threaded end you are wrapping.  Never too old to learn something new - to make the job a little easier.......