RE: 65 Shift Cable Adapters

Hats off to Bill for his perseverance!  He’s helping us all learn the little things we’ll all need to know as these things become more popular and the Poly parts and pieces become more readily available… Right now here at Chrysler Power we’re working on some more sophisticated enhancements like port EFI and Paxton blower to enhance the flow to about 300 then using a sophisticated engine management system like the new SRT’s, where we’ll surprise some big block butt ;o)

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:49 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 65 Shift Cable Adapters

apples and oranges, only common factor is a tree

In a message dated 4/22/2015 6:24:56 A.M. Central Daylight Time, y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx writes:

So let me get this straight...
1. the push button cable adapter and coxcomb (nut attachment) must be used together and CANNOT be used with a console cable setup.
2. the console shift cable adapter and coxcomb (clip attachment) must be used together and CANNOT be used with a pushbutton cable.

Sounds like I'm going to have to pull my old console shift 727 valve body apart ans swap the cable adapter and coxcomb into my new trans?

What's so different about the parts that the systems won't interchange??

Two steps forward, 1 step back,..

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert http://goo.gl/6xUS1
73 Dart Sport, 05 Ram 2500 CTD, 4WD, QC, LB, Laramie
21 Model T Depot Hack, 06 Mazda 3