RE: Push Button vs Cable Shift Trans...Again

Herb that's why I'm using the later 65 poly so I can use a stroker crank and new intake and the reason I'm keeping the 65 727 and doing the upgrade to input shaft and front drum to use later torq conv also doing away with the internal park on the 65 727 and using a later b body 9 1/2 rear end in the 58 so I can use the e brake in it , not my first rodeo on this matter just wasn't sure on the small things from push button to column shift or console , but thanks for the input , would have kept the 58 poly but due to the bellhousing pattern and the rear crank being different than the 62 and newer motors that's why I'm using the 65 stuff , but on a side note I'll keep the Cast iron 727 for use behind the 54 331 hemi I picked up in a 54 ny deluxe

Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 13:07:34 -0500
From: zephyr9900@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Push Button vs Cable Shift Trans...Again

Vic, Your light at the end of the tunnel is a completely different tunnel. Just keep in mind 1962!  If your going to use a 62 or newer engine your going to need a 62 727 with the park brake on the tailshaft for your pushbuttons to work.  The 65 727 will not because of no way to activate Park.  Now if your going to do away with your pushbuttons, find a 66 or newer 727, far less headaches unless you have the floor shifter from the 65.  61 and older engine/tranny will not commingle with 62 & newer engine/tranny.